The safety and protection of our guests and employees is our top priority at all times. Due to the constantly changing situation caused by the coronavirus (COVID-19), we offer security and the highest flexibility for travellers.
The privatly owned Placid Hotel Zurich with its restaurant Buckhuser is a company of Diakonie Bethanien and has been using the high cleaning and hygiene standards as applied in our hospital and care facilities since its inception. Cleanliness and hygiene are very important at Placid Hotel Zurich so that we can always guarantee our guests a clean and safe stay.
In view of the coronavirus, we have taken additional measures to make our cleanliness and hygiene protocols even stricter, taking into account the regulations and recommendations of the Swiss government and local health authorities:
- Plexiglas protective wall at the reception and in the Intermezzo self-service restaurant
- Use of medical disinfectants and prepared cleaning cloths
- Disinfection dispenser for guests at the entrances and in heavily frequented areas
- Increase of cleaning intervals in public areas
- Ground markings as distance indicators
- Virtually no paper convenience
- Distribution of hygienic protective masks and gloves to guests
- Additional disinfection of most frequently touched areas like light switches and door handles
- Employees receive regular instructions and improved operating protocols
- Improved safety to protect team members through protective clothing, improved training and measures
- Adaptation of the catering offer to the new regulations
- Digital contact tracing using contact data acquisition via QR code
- Emergency plan to react quickly in case of coronavirus disease
Further information on the coronavirus and the current updates on the situation in Switzerland can be found on the website of the Federal Office of Public Health FOPH.